Make Money with Drop Shipping
Dropshipping is a retail fulfillment method where a store doesn’t keep the products it sells in stock. Instead, when a store sells a product using the dropshipping model, it purchases the item from a third party and has it shipped directly to the customer.
Recommended for: those who want to start an e-commerce store but don’t want to deal with the headaches of manufacturing any products or even shipping them to customers
How much can you earn: not as much; the profit margin is much lower since the manufacturer or wholesaler you’ll work with will handle all the major costs (manufacturing, storing, shipping, etc.)
Start-up costs: while the profit margin is much lower than with other e-commerce sites, so are the start-up costs: since you don’t need to buy or store any products, all you really need is website hosting and an e-commerce theme and plugin to build and manage your online store – in other words, your costs will be lower than $100 per month
Dropshipping is like a quick-start way to start an e-commerce business: you don’t have to create or even buy any products, you don’t have to store them and you don’t even have to ship them once someone places an order.
So, what is dropshipping?
It’s a form of commerce where you partner with a product manufacturer (or a wholesaler) in order to sell their products – basically, you operate the store and work to get new customers and promote the products, while they handle the rest:
- Designing the product
- Manufacturing the product
- Storage space
- Shipping the product, once someone orders it
It’s a considerably easier way to start making money online and what’s more, the risks involved are considerably lower.
But, as mentioned earlier, that also means that your profits will also be much lower as well (than if you’d created and sold your own product/design).
So what do you need to get started with dropshipping?
- Get hosting for your e-commerce site from Bluehost
- Create a Shopify account here and start building your e-commerce site
- If you already know any products that you’d like to sell, reach out to the manufacturer to find wholesalers you can collaborate with
- Or – much easier and faster! – get Oberlo, connect it to your Shopify, find and import products and simply start selling! (basically, once you add Oberlo to your Shopify, you’ll be able to find all kinds of dropshipping products that you can literally just start selling!
Do I need a website?
Every successful dropshipper needs a website to generate money online and reach customers. Click below to get 1-click WordPress Installation, web hosting and domain registration with Bluehost, the #1 trusted WordPress hosting.